Capping Off Another Successful School Year!
It seems like only yesterday, we were creating our back-to-school plan to ensure we could return to in-person instruction for the school year not even knowing if we would be allowed to do so. Now, another successful school year has come and gone! We are proud to have been in-person educating our students throughout the school year, with as much normalcy as possible, despite the challenges we faced. Our success this school year was made possible because of everyone who lends a hand in making St. Patrick the great place it is; we could not do it without you. We hope you know how grateful all of us at St. Patrick School are for your commitment.
On behalf of our pastor, Reverend Michael Alber, our PS-8 principal, Mrs. Cortney Smith, the St. Patrick School Board and myself, we would like to offer many thank yous for a great 2020-21 school year. We would like to specifically thank the following:
● Our school families for making the commitment to send their children to St. Patrick School. We appreciate that you are a part of our school family and that you let us be a part of yours. This thank you extends to all our grandparents as well.
● Our top-notch teaching staff, school counselor, coaching staff, and parish staff. All of you are an integral part of our family and we couldn’t do anything without you. Thank you for continuously going above and beyond to ensure all of our students are cared for.
● The student body for working hard both in their academics and in extracurricular activities and for serving as living examples of the Catholic faith. We can’t wait to see how you grow and what you will achieve next school year.
● The entire school support staff. We are blessed to have excellent administrative assistants who work in our school and parish office. Their ability to multitask and accomplish so much each day never ceases to amaze me. In addition, we are blessed to have an excellent maintenance and custodial staff who keep our school and grounds remarkably neat and clean. There are so many others, too many to name, including those who work in preschool, latchkey, and in the lunchroom. All of you are involved in the important task of running our parish school.
● The volunteers who do so many things behind the scenes! We rely on our school board, Father Flohe Foundation members, PTO, and Athletic Association members, as well as many other groups and individuals for help throughout the year.
● Thank you to everyone who donated to the school or parish this year! Your financial support allows us to offer an education that nourishes the entire mind, body and soul of a child. You are helping us to create the future leaders of our Catholic Church and community. Thank you for your generosity!
We would like to express our gratitude for your trust, support and cooperation during the school year. We are appreciative and thankful to everyone who makes St. Patrick School a great place to educate the children of Portland and its surrounding communities. We hope that you will take time this summer to rest and enjoy the wonderful opportunity to renew your body, mind, and spirit before we begin another school year.
Randy Hodge is the High School Principal at St. Patrick School.