The local office of the United Way is excited to announce that 2-1-1 has returned to Montcalm and Ionia Counties.
2-1-1 is a free and confidential service that helps people across North America find the local resources they need 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
2-1-1 can help find:
- supplemental food and nutrition programs
- shelter and housing options and utilities assistance
- emergency information and disaster relief
- employment and education opportunities
- services for veterans
- health care, vaccination and health epidemic information
- addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs
- reentry help for ex-offenders
- support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs
- a safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse
According to www.unitedway.org, “Whether in times of natural disaster or personal crisis, 2-1-1 is committed to being the first, most essential resource to anyone who needs help.”