- James Townsend
Local Substitute Teachers and Support Staff Needed
Portland Public Schools Need Your Help!
ESS/willSub® and Portland Public Schools needs YOU! There are so many opportunities for you to use your time, experience and education to make a real impact in the school district and community.
A substitute teaching or support staff position with ESS/willSub® may be the opportunity you’re looking for to earn some extra money; jump start your career or simply make a difference in your schools!
When a teacher or member of the support staff team is absent, a qualified substitute is needed to carry out the educational program. As a substitute, you’ll become an integral part of a school’s educational team and make a difference in the learning experience for students!
An ESS/willSub® substitute teacher assists with classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans, aids students in understanding subject matter, and ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
• Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
• Review and implement regular teacher's routines, procedures, lesson plans, and curriculum objectives
• Establish and maintain a safe and orderly classroom environment
• Report any student injuries, illness, and serious discipline problems to school administration
• Perform other duties as directed by school administration
• Completion of at least 60 college/university credit hours (A copy of Official College Transcripts will be requested)
• FBI Criminal History Clearance
• A Michigan Substitute Teaching Permit (We will apply for one on your behalf; your cost is $45)
As an ESS/willSub® substitute support staff, you may work with an individual student to ensure their success throughout the day or in a classroom with a group of students, supporting a teacher. There are also opportunities to work in the library, office and playground. Substitute support staff play a vital role in the school day and contribute in many rewarding ways!
•18 years old with a High School Diploma
• FBI Criminal History Clearance There are advantages to becoming a substitute employee with ESS, beside making a difference in your community. Just a few are listed below:
• The opportunity and freedom to select the days you would like to work
• Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
• Our partner districts routinely hire our substitutes for full-time positions
• We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available – you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone and online. You can also sign up for text messages alerts when a new job is available.
For more information, you can contact our Customer Service Department at 877-855-7264. To begin an application go to www.willSub.com and click on the Green Start Button on the right side of the page. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you are already a substitute, substitute assignments are available daily in Portland Public Schools. Please help the district finish the year strong! This can only be accomplished with your help. Thanks for all you do!
Sponsored Content: This piece was sponsored by ESS/willSub®